Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Wednesday...Let the holidays begin!

Whew! I spent 4 hours in the car on both Monday and Tuesday, getting our girls home from their respective universities for Christmas break. I know they've been anxious to be done with the semester, but I'm not sure who is happier that they're home, them, or me!

On Monday, I was the rider, not the driver, so I had a chance to browse the web and thumb through magazines to get more inspiration for the projects I will create. It seems I have visions of fabrics and embellishments dancing in my head, rather than sugarplums!

One of the smaller items I plan to offer is a "travel tray". My sister has been bringing one on our trips together, and I love hers, so was inspired to do my own. This is such a simple concept, but so handy! It is simply a quilted square, trimmed however your inspiration guides you, with corners that fold together with a snap or button or hook and loop closure to form a tray. It weighs next to nothing to pop in your suitcase, but then gives you a little place in your hotel room to gather little things, like your key, your change, etc. Perhaps this is a tutorial you'd like to see? Such a simple project!

Today I will finish some bags, and I have a few more gifts to complete before I can devote time in earnest to stocking my Etsy shop! Stay tuned...

No comments:

Post a Comment